Today I decided to finally upgrade my Ruby on Rails setup at home. But upon running the
rails -v command, I ran into this error:
Turns out for some reason there’s another (non-working) copy of rails in my
/opt/local/bin/ directory. To fix the problem, I simply had to remove it (along with
rake and other related executables out of there).
On a related note, I also tried upgrading
rvm. But while trying to upgrade Ruby to the latest 1.9.3 with it using the
rvm install 1.9.3, I kept getting this error:
Finally, what worked was this:
And to bind that to rails, similarly, do this:
That’s it. Happy hacking.